satyridae

Nigella Christmas: Food, Family, Friends, Festivities
Nigella Lawson, Lis Parsons
Our Bodies, Ourselves: Menopause
Judy Norsigian, Boston Women's Health Book Collective, Vivian Pinn

Pink Boots and a Machete: My Journey From NFL Cheerleader to National Geographic Explorer - Mireya Mayor It took me a long time to get into this book, though it's ostensibly the sort of book I adore. Mayor's book suffers from the lack of a competent editor, I think. There are wildly discursive stories and internal inconsistencies. I enjoyed the parts about animals very much while the parts about breaking a nail in the wilderness made me roll my eyes- just as Wendy predicted, no doubt. By the time I was a little over halfway through, though, I was interested enough to overlook the choppy and conversational writing style and focus on the actual meat of the book. I liked, especially, Mayor's unapologetic stance regarding continuing her adventurous life despite being a mother. I didn't at all enjoy the reality TV show portion of the book, which recounted a dreadful, dreary modern bit of show business and could have been left out entirely.My heart still belongs to Gerald Durrell when it comes to adventures in the wilderness, though.