satyridae

Nigella Christmas: Food, Family, Friends, Festivities
Nigella Lawson, Lis Parsons
Our Bodies, Ourselves: Menopause
Judy Norsigian, Boston Women's Health Book Collective, Vivian Pinn

The Wisdom of Menopause: Creating Physical and Emotional Health and Healing During the Change, Revised Edition

The Wisdom of Menopause: Creating Physical and Emotional Health and Healing During the Change - Christiane Northrup I read the first, oh, hundred pages and then I started skimming for things to snort at. There were lots of things for my skeptical atheist self to snort at. Including gems like: "The difference between the postpartum period and perimenopause is that during perimenopause you're giving birth to yourself.""It has now been scientifically documented that specific patterns of emotional vulnerability affect specific organs or systems of the body." (No footnotes or citations here.)"One of the first things you need to do in order to heal your digestive problems at midlife is to shore up your third emotional center. The third emotional center is located in the solar plexus area, and the health of this area affects all our organs of digestion, including the stomach, liver, gallbladder, pancreas, small intestine and upper large intestine. Women with substantial weight problems usually have unresolved issues in the third emotional center."And so forth. Lots of talk about one's soul. To be scrupulously fair, there's plenty of good information in this book. I'm just not willing to wade through all the bullshit to get to it.