satyridae

Nigella Lawson, Lis Parsons
Our Bodies, Ourselves: Menopause
Judy Norsigian, Boston Women's Health Book Collective, Vivian Pinn

The Wilder Life: My Adventures in the Lost World of Little House on the Prairie

The Wilder Life: My Adventures in the Lost World of Little House on the Prairie - Wendy McClure You know a book is aimed at your bookish self when you read a passage that includes a mention of "a story about the possible medical causes of Mary's blindness, written by an MD and fellow Little House fan" and you think, 'Oh, right, that article of Radhika's, I remember that.'It was interesting to read this just a few years after I'd seen many of the Laura Ingalls Wilder sites (by accident, more-or-less, as a by-product of a pilgrimage in search of the Historic Betsy-Tacy Sites) and not too long after what I think will be my final re-read of the LIW books.McClure has a breezy authorial voice that seems more suited to blogging than a sustained narrative, but I got used to it in pretty short order, and it became more like listening to a friend talk than reading a memoir. I enjoyed the journey through McClure's eyes, though our experiences are pretty different. Recommended for Wilder fans, certainly.